Belarusian Authorities Plan Revoking Registration Of Several Jehovah’s Witnesses Communities
Several communities of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Belarus can be deprived of registration, Leanid Hulyaka, the Plenipotentiary for religions and nationalities in Belarus, stated at the meeting of his office.
“I see no necessity in reviewing all 26 republican religious confessions in detail, it is our daily work. But I want to talk specifically about the Jehovah’s Witnesses, – BelTA quotes Hulyaka. – I suppose that in ccoperation with local authorities we will revoke registration of several Jehovah’s Witnesses communities. There will be some fuss, but I am ready to face it”.
Hulyaka stated that violation of the law, allegedly made by Jehovah’s Witnesses in Belarus, is the reason of such harsh decision. According to the Plenipotentiary, in 2015 Jehovah’s Witnesses were spreading religious literature without a proper permission.
Leanid Hulyaka called local authorities to take the harshest measures possible in preventing illegal literature dissemination. The Plenipotentiary also characterized Jehovah’s Witnesses’s actionsas “persistent and illegal” and pointed out that they cause discontent among the country’s population and the believers of other confessions.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16