Belarusian Authorities: Certain Catholic Priests Act Destructively
Certain Catholic priests who are Bealrusian citizens act destructively in their work with people, claimed Lenaid Hulyaka, the Plenipotentiary for religions and nationalities, at his office meeting on 2 February.
“These facts remain unseen by local authorities, but structural departments of religions and nationalities and other services should pay closer attention to these problems and take measures for their prevention”, – he said according to BelTA. At the same time, he hadn’t clarified the type of these acts.
Leanid Hulyaka also claimed that in 2015 the rules of residence for foreign citizens were violated by some priests.
The official expressed his wish to meet with the Conference of Catholic bishops nad to discuss the incidents. The vice-premier Natallya Kachanava said that destructive activities on behalf of priests cannot be tolreated.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16