Belarusian Orthodox Believers Plunge Into Epyphany Fonts (Photos)
In Belarus on January, 19th Othodox believers celebarate Epiphany Day. As a tradition, believers plunge into the Epiphany fonts to commemorate the baptism Of Jesus Christ in Jordan. We present you Nadzieja Hacak’s footage of the plunge at river Byarezina in Babruysk.
The only official ice-font was opened in the city near Youth Olimpic Reserve School rowing station. People willing to plunge were served with hot tea and an ambulance car was on the watch.
People began plinging even before the priest consecrated the water. He appealed to people not only to plunge into the font, but to confess and to communicate at the church. It is unknown whether the believers heard his words.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16