Unknown Tried To Smuggle Wooden Icon And Century-Old New Testament From Belarus
A book called “The New Testament of Our Lord Jesus Christ”, written in Old Slavonic and in Russian and published in 1902, and an icon painted on wood have been found behind rolled mattresses in one of the compartments of a “St. Petersburg – Kishinev” train during the examination at “Slavechna” customs control point on February, 25th.
According to representatives of Homel custom service, the identity of the proprietor of the icon and the book could not be established through the interview of the train workers and the passengers.
The icon and the “New Testament” have been confiscated and an expertise is planned. After the publication of the expertise results the court will distribute the property for the benefit of the state.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16