Norwegian Politician: Changing the World Is Christian Mission
Marie Ljones Brekke is a young politician, parliamentary deputee representing Rogaland at Norwegian parliament, member of Christian Democratic Party (KrF).
She is a mathematics teacher by occupation, now she is in the maternity leave, her son being teen month old. She was brought up in a Pentecostal family. Her parents taught her to vote for KrF because it supports Biblical values. The reporter of KRYNICA.INFO asked her about her public life.
– What is your pastor’s opinion of you doing politics?
– My pastor thinks of it posotovely. He is my father-in-law. He supported my political activity even when hadn’t even started dating his son.
– Is your husband always involved in politics?
– My husband an engineer in the oil industry. He always votes for KrF and gives me a moral support. He is more directly involved in the church service. I spend the Saturdays for common evangelization.
– What was your main motive to enter the politics?
– I was always inspired by religion, especially by the quote from the Old Testament whic said that Lord became dejected because nobody was talking turth. Nobody walks straight way.
Isaiah, ch. 59, ver. 14-16:”So justice is driven back, and righteousness stands at a distance; truth has stumbled in the streets, honesty cannot enter. Truth is nowhere to be found, and whoever shuns evil becomes a prey. The Lord looked and was displeased that there was no justice. He saw that there was no one, he was appalled that there was no one to intervene; so his own arm achieved salvation for him, and his own righteousness sustained him“.
These words inspired me to be active and participate in politics. I think that Christians have a mission to change the world.
Our party does many things described in Holy Bible but we are not advertising it, the things like protection of life, protection of family, help to the poor. It is all written in the Bible and we can do it all within the limits of ur party.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16