Orthodox Metropolitan: Question Of Pope’s Visit Was Not Discussed
Commenting on his meeting with the secretary of state of Vatican cardinal Pietro Parolin the Orthodox Metropolitan of Minsk and Zaslawl Paul mentioned that on the one hand the visit may be considered as a visit of friendship and on the other hand as an official one.
“We witnessed that the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus make a good illustrative example of interconfessional peace for the whole world. Our Motherland is a good example of that attitude by not only having this peace but by asking other nations to have it. We indicated that the spiritual and moral values, that Aleksandr Lukashenko asked us to value the last year, are the basis of our normal and pious life”, said the BOC hierarch according to belapan.by.
Metropolitan Paul specified that the subject of Pope Francis’ visit to Belarus was not discussed. Also the hierarch underlined that because of cardinal Parolin’s visit being on the state level the return visit on the church level is not planned.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16