Ministry of Internal Affairs: 400,000 people participated in Festivities on 5 April
More than 400,000 people participated in the street celebrations on 5 April, dedicated to Catholic Easter and Orthodox Palm Sunday. According to the MIA statement, the public order has been successfully maintained.
It seems that Protestants, who also celebrated Easter on 5 April, were no taken into account by the police.
As KRYNICA.INFO has reported, Easter monday was a holiday in Belarus but in 1998 President Aleksandr Lukashenko cancelled this tradition, leaving only Sunday for celebration.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16