Orthodoxes Celebrate Palm Sunday
On the 5th of April the Orthodox believers celebrate Palm Sunday – the last Sunday before Easter, that commemorates the solemn entry of Jesus in Jerusalem, who would soon be tortured and killed for the sins of mankind.
Two thousand years ago the believers welcomed Christ with palm branches exclaiming “Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”. Palms do not grow in our latitudes but in memory of those events willow branches are being consecrated.
The ceremony also took place in Minsk at the Holy Spirit cathedral and St. Peter and Paul church.
Photos by Nadzieja Hacak
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16