BOC Named the Terms of Pope’s Visit to Belarus
Pope’s visit to Belarus as the head of state requires no permission of Orthodox Church but if he plans to visit the country as the head of a religious denomination the situation is totally different, stated Belarusian Orthodox Chruch press secretary Syarhey Lepin.
According to him, Belarusian Orthodox Church highly estimates warm and friendly relations between Catholics and Orthodoxes but conducts its foreign relations in accordance with Russian Orthodox Church. The Moscow Patriarchate will establish relations of the highest level only if Vatican gives up prozelitism and unionism on the traditionally ROC soil, stated Syarhey Lepin according to “Euroradio”.
As KRYNICA.INFO previously reported, at the press conference on 23 December the metropolitan of Minsk and Mahilyow, archbishop Tadeusz Kondrusiewicz named the main terms of Pope Francis’ visit to Belarus. According to him, an official invitation from the government is needed, as well as consent of the Church of the majority of population, Belarusian Orthodox Church.
- The Krynica.info website is temporarily closed 21.09.2022 17:22
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11