How Many Believers Attend Churches According to MIA? (Infographics)
On the 12th of April in Belarus Easter liturgies took place at Orthodox churches in which more than 629 thousand people participated. The ministry of internal affairs states that public order was secured.
On Catholic Easter more than 46 thousand people participated in festivities on the 5th of April.
It is worth mentioning that MIA data about church attendance on Easter varies from year to year. Varies significantly. Thus, in 2011 1,111 mln people attended the church, in 2014 – only 477 thousand, which is 2,5 times fewer than the first figure.
And if in 2012 the police counted 192 thousand Catholics, in 2013 and 2015 they counted only 45 thousand.
In particular, according to MIA, in 2014 477 thousand Catholics and Orthodoxes participated in Easter liturgies.
In 2013 the figures were 45,000 Catholics and 475,00 Orthodoxes.
In 2012 192,000 people attended Catholic churches and 675,000 people attended Orthodox churches.
In 2011 the police counted 1,111 mln people attending Orthodox and Catholic Easter services.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16