The Taize Community Prior Visited Minsk
On 13 and 14 April the members of Taize ecumenical community, France, visited Minsk their way from Moscow to Kyiv. On the first day they visited Virgin Mary Minsk archcathedral, on the second day they visited St. Joseph Greek Catholic center and the Joy of all who Sorrow icon Orthodox church.
Brother Alois mentioned on 14 April at the Greek Catholic center that after Taize meeting in Czech Republic an idea occured by the community members to visit Russia and Ukraine. But they could not but visit Minsk as well because they like Belarus.
The Taize brothers answered the questions of the believers whi attended the St. Joseph center meeting and called for a special prayer for Pope Francis. “The last time I saw the Pope he looked very weary”.
Photos by Nadzieja Hacak
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16