Easter Liturgy was Served 10 Kilometers above Belarusian Soil
The Bishop of Barysaw and Maryina Horka Benjamin served Easter liturgy on board the airplane on the Eastern night from 11 to 12 April at the altitude of 10,000 meters.
The Tel-Aviv-Minsk flight made by Belavia’s Boeing 737 with Belarusian delegation onboard was delayed for 3 hours due to the one of the delegation’s bus breakdown, that is why his Eminence deicided to serve the liturgy onboard, states sobor.by.
Bishop Benjamin put on his vestments, a chorus was organized from the passengers. Due to the prohibition of the open flame on the plane the dean of Seraphim of Sarow Alexander Shiriton was helding capsules with the Holy Fire.
Belarusian delegation consisted of 140 people, among them the representatives of clergy, monks and laypeople.
Easter liturgy in the night sky 10 km above the earth started when the plane was over Belarus. Bishop Benjamin lead the service via microphone. The liturgy lasted 50 minutes and ended half an hour before landing at 00.40 a.m.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16