Belarusian Christians Pray for WWII Victims
The Catholic Bishop of Hrodna Aliaksandr Lashkievich asked the believers to pray on the occasion of WWII end’s 70th anniversary to pray for “all who deceased and became victims of those tragic war which took lives of many people of this land”.
“Also pray for an absolution for those who became a tool of evil and hatred”, states catholic.by.
The Metropolitan of Minsk and Mahilyow Tadeusz Kondrusiewicz asked the priests of his archdiocese to pray for the WWII victims on the 9th and the 10th of May.
According to sobor.by, the memory of the warriors who liberated the world from Nazism and of all who was killed or died during the Great Patriotic War was honored. The St. Nicholas of Japan parish in Minsk conducted the “Immortal Regiment” action, the organizers of which invited all believers to come with images of the deceased relatives and departed veterans and to honor their memory by a mutual prayer and cross procession.
At 12 a.m. the bells rang at all Orthodox churches in Belarus commemorating those who deceased during the Great Patriotic War.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16