Every 6th Pregnancy is Aborted in Belarus
In 2014 there was 10.8 abortions for 1000 fertile age women in Belarus, or 21 abortions for 100 births, stated the chief obstetrician-gynecologist Sviatlana Sarokina on the 13th of May. 45% of abortions was regeistered among the women of the most active reproductive age (20-29 years).
According to BelTA, in 2014 the number of adolescent abortions reduced to 1.4% of the total number of abortions (in 2013 it was 1.5%), 10.4% aborted pregnancy pharmaceutically.
In the meantime, the assistant director of Labor and Social Security Ministry gender and family policies department Maryna Artsiomenka mentioned that the number of potential mothers (women 15-49 years old) is decreasing. According to the Economics research institute data, in 2030 this number will be 20.3 mln people, which will be 264,000 people fewer than in 2015.
Every 7th Belarusian (14%) is 65 or older. A demographical tnsion grows as there are 705 people of junior and senior people for every 1000 able-bodied ones.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16