Belarusian Artist Painted an Icon for San Francisco Church
Volha Charnyak, the Belarusian Artists Association member, the icon painter of the “Joy of all who Sorrow” Icon parish, Minsk, painted an icon “Christ in Emmaus” for the “Joy of all who Sorrow” Icon Orthodox church in San Francisco.
The icon of the size of 34 x 68 cm was placed over the credence tavle in the altar part of the church. “Father Piotr suggested the image of the “Christ in Emmaus” found on the Internet. – tells the painter. – This image became a prototype for the icon’s central part and the composition and the coloring were designed based on the icon’s predetermined measures”, reports sobor.by.
“Christ in Emmaus” became the fourth work painted for the San Francisco Orthodox cathedral and was ordered by the church’s cleric, the “Russian Pastor” Internet portal’s editor-in-chief, protopriest Piotr Perekrestov. There are already several icons painted by Belarusian artists in the cathedral – the images of Chinese new martyrs, St. Luka of Voyno-Yasenetsk and “The Resurrection of Christ”.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16