Cross Procession Took Place on the Slavic Writing Day
Antoni, the bishop of Slutsk and Salihorhsk, headed the holiday Liturgy dedicated to the Slavic Writing Day, the day of St. Kirill and Methodius, on the 24th of May at the Holy Spirit Orthodox cathedral in Minsk.
The archpriest was assisted by archmandrite Serhiy (Akimau), the chancellor of Minsk Theology academy and Holy Spirit cathedral clerics. According to church.by, the service was attended by representatives of diplomatical missions, of academical and artistic elite.
The Liturgy being finished at the memorial plate depicting St. Kirill and Methodius Bishop Antoni addressed the believers with a didactic speech about the Solun borthers’ historical mission in the development of Slavic culture. The clergy and the believers started a cross procession to the foundation of the oldest temple of Minsk dating to the XI century. The procession was joined by the clerics and parishioners of St. Paul church headed by protopriest Heorhy Latushka.
At the ruins His Eminence Antoni read the greeting letter of Metropolitan of Minsk and Zaslaul Pavel, the Patriarchal Exarch of all Belarus and prayed for the protection of St. Kirill and Methodius.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16