More than 2000 Catholics Participated in the Procession in the Center of Minsk
A traditional Catholic Procession of Corpus Christi took place on the 31st of May in Minsk. The procession traditionally began with a Mass near the Holy Trinity church at Zalataya Horka, then the believers went through the Independence avenue to the St. Simeon and Helen church at Independence square, making stops at the altars at Victory and Kastrychnitskaya squares.
The procession was concluded with the prayer near Holy Virgin Mary archcathedral.
The procession was headed by the Apostolic nuncio to Belarus archbishop Claudio Gugerotti accompanied by the Metropolitan of Minsk and Mahilyou Tadeusz Kondrusievicz, sufragan bishop Yury Kasabutsky, Roman and Byzantyne Catholic bishops, monks and more than 2000 of Catholic believers.
The Corpus Christi Procession is dedicated to the Corpus Christi Day which is celebrated on the 4th of June this year.
Photos by Nadzieja Hacak
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16