Francysk Skaryna’s Bible is Planned to be Restored in Belarus
A round-table meeting “Francysk Skaryna and his Epoch” took place on the 29th of May in Minsk. It was decided at the meeting to restore the Bible of Francysk Skaryna.
The discussion of the unique project initiated by a collectioner and publisher Uladzimir Likhadziedau took place as a part of the VI International Congress of Belarusian Scholars at the National Academy of Science. According to izdatsovet.by, the chairman of BOC publishing center bishop Veniamin, the deputy Plenipotentiary for religions and nationalities Uladzimir Lameka, the deputy director of the National Library Aliaksnadr Susha, the director of “Zvezda” publishing house Aliaksandr Karlyukievich, doctor of philology Adam Maldis and several prominent scholars participated in the meeting.
Uladzimir Likhadziedau presented the project by telling about the Genesis of “Bibliya Russkaya” reconstructed by him with the use of old technologies and a press reconstructed by the schemes of the XVI century.
The Bishop of Barysau and Mar’yina Horka Veniamin stressed that the restored book should have a scientific bibliographic supplement.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16