BCD Asks Orthodox Church to Stop “Extreme Reactionist Actions” of Cossacks
Belarusian Christian Democrats asked Belarusian Orthodox Church and General attorney office to respond adequately to the harmful (from the humanistic point of view) practice of Orthodox youth militaary camps regularily organized by the Cossack organization “Kazachiy Spas”.
One of such camps will be active near Minsk on 13-19 July. The Christian Democrats ask Orthodox hierarchs and public prosecutor’s department officers to take into consideration the fact that during the work of pseudo-cossack camps multiple photo- and videofootage appears on the Internet with young people and adolescents posing with firearms and imitating military actions, states bchd.info.
BCD points out that under the cover of “patriotical military training” and “Orthodox upbringing” a propaganda of war is conducted, physical and military training of young people, amog them juveniles, for participation in military actions.
The Christian Democrats also consider outrageous the intention of camp participants to join the cross procession to “Stalin’s Line” in the second half of July, which is viewed by the authors of the petition as an attempt to justify Stalinism that cause for Belarus millions of victims, including the ones among clergy.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16