Believer is on Trial for Military Service Evasion
Viktar Kalina, a Jehovah’s Witness, has been brought to court for evasion of military service.
The young man was visiting all conscript events and warned the local military commissariate that his beliefs do not allow him to serve in any branch of military . As a result, he refuse to serve in train troops.
According do Viktar Adzinochanka, a human rights activist from Belarusian Helsinki committee, lots of people with deep religious beliefs face the same problem, reports Radio Racyja.
The new Military Service law, which will help to avoid this problem, will come into effect only in 2016.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16