Pope Francis Personally Asked to Release Belarusian Political Prisoners
On 25 August cardinal Pietro Parolin, the Secretary of State of Vatican gave audience to Alyona Kupchina, the minister deputy of foreign affairs. During the talk the parties discussed the official communique of Belarusian party sent on 24 August to diplomatical representatives of several countries in Belarus and considering the decision of Aleksandr Lukashenko, the President of the Republic of Belarus, about the release of political prisoners as a humanitarian act and response to demands of EU, US and the Pope.
The Apostolic Nunciature in Belarus acknowledged this information and that Pope Francis personally pleaded in this case, reports Catholic.by.
As Krynica.info previously reported, Aleksandr Lukashenko, “acting by the principles of humanity”, decided to release ex-presidential candidate Mikalay Statkevich and also Mikalay Dzyadok, Ihar Alinevich, Yauhen Vaskovich, Artsyom Prakapenka and Yury Rubtsou from prison.
- The Krynica.info website is temporarily closed 21.09.2022 17:22
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11