BOC Denies Speculation Of Metropolitan Paul’s Possible Transfer
The head of Belarusian Orthodox Church information department protopriest Serhiy Lepin denied speculations on possible transfer of Metropolitan of Minsk and Zaslaul Pavel, the Patriarchal Exarch of all Belarus on 5 October.
Father Lepin denied opinions about the government dissatisfaction with the BOC head. “It is not even a speculation, it is a gossip”, – he noted.
Metropolitan of Ryazan Pavel has been appointed the head of Belarusian Exarchate in 2013. This appointment was ambiguously received by Belarusian intellectual elite that condemned the appointment of a hierarch who was so unrelated to Belarus and several geopolitical statements of the future BOC head.
The “gossip” denied by BOC press service are first of all based on the fact that President Aleksandr Lukashenko celebrated Easter not at the capital’s main cathedral but at one of the churches in Orsha and on the possible discord between Metropolitan Pavel and f. Fyodar Povny, the priest accompanying Aleksandr Lukashenko in private journeys and whose house is situated near the president’s one.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16