Historical Look of Church Near Drahichin Destroyed by During Restoration
The restoration of the Orthodox St. George church in Valovel village near Drahichin built in 1766 came to an end. According to media reports, as a result of restoration, the church has lost its historical look.
Several months ago information filtered into media that restoration works are conducted with violation of restoration standards which dictate the accurate observance of outlines of architectural monuments. The authentic barocco domes on the church’s roof were replaced by modern constructions characteristic of Orthodox churches built in Russian tradition, nn.by reports.
The today-Orthodox church – a monument of wood architecture with barocco elements was built in 1766 as a Uniate church.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16