Aleksandr Lukashenko Sent Present to Pope Francis
The representative of Vatican in Belarus, the Apostolic Nuncio Archbishop Claudio Gugerotti, met Pope Francis on 22 October. At the meeting Archbishop Gugerotti gave the pontific a present from the president of Belarus Aleksandr Lukashenko, an icon “The Pure Heart of Mary”.
The icon sent by the president is made using the ancient Belarusian woodwork technique called “Sozh filigree”, catholic.by reports.
The pontific assured the Apostolic Nuncio that he highly appreciates the gest and sends the word of sincere gratitude to the high donor and the Apostolic blessings to the whole Belarusian people.
During the last meeting with the Pope the Apostolic Nuncio asked the pontific to consecrate the cornerstone for a new church in Homiel.
- The Krynica.info website is temporarily closed 21.09.2022 17:22
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11