Metropolitan Kondrusiewicz: Violence Cannot Be Defeated By Violence
Metropoltan of Minsk and Mahilyou Archbishop Tadeusz Kondrusiewicz participated on 1 December in the opening of the international conference “UN 70th anniversary. Initiatives of Kazakhstan and Belarus for promotion of peace and security”.
While addressing the participants of the conference the hierarch emphasized that since the time of its establishment UN had proven its sustainability and usefulness. The hierarch alos reminded that “the voice of the Catholic Church is always heard” on the UN rostrum. The position of the Church is always the same in all armed conflicts: violence cannot be defeated by violence, catholic.by reports.
As an example of joint effort in solving geopolitical crises Archbishop Kondrusiewicz gave peace initiative of Belarus in settling the nilitary conflict on the East of Ukraine, where a hope of peace, rhough a fragile one, is emerging.
While addressing the representatives of Kazakhstan, Metropolitan Kondrusiewicz thanked them for organizing the annual Congress of the leaders of world and traditional religions in Astana.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16