Orthodox Bishop: Secular Influence Comes From West
During the Christmas readings on 2 December in Minsk the Orthodox Bishop of Barysau and Mar’yina Horka Veniamin paid special attention to the dangers of mass culture and secular world-view the roots of which can be found in western influence.
“West faces an pbvious spiritual crisis caused by the withdrawal from Christian faith”, – emphasized the bishop, mentioning the overall tendency of looking for knowledge with spiritual and moral education bieng put on the second role, Nasha Niva reports.
The hierarch sees a panacea for spiritual impoverishment in creation of a legal base for cooperation with schools which will allow the Orthodox Church not to be limited by episodic events but implement a systematic education.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16