In 2015 Homiel Orthodox Diocese Helped 1.5 Refugees
The joint assembly of the clergy of the Homiel Orthodox diocese took place on 16 December at the Regional youth and children palace, with participation of all priests, nuns, heads of diocesan deprtments and brotherhoods’ and sororities’ leaders.
The assembly was opened by the bishop of Homiel and Zhlobins Stefan and the panel consisted of the head of the regional section for the affairs of religion, nationalities and youth policies Zmicer Chumakou, the secretary of the diocese protopriest Heorhi Alampijeu, the confessor of the diocese protopriest Stefan Hladyshchuk and the rural priest of the dioces’s monasteries archmandrite Amvrosi (Shautsou), eparhiya.by reports.
One of the key points of the bishop Stefan’s annual report was the importance of the help provided to the refugees form the warzone in East Ukraine. This year more than 1500 people received help from the parishes of Homiel region.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16