Budslau Fest May Enter UNESCO List
Belarusian Catholic tradition of the festival of the icon of Mother of God of Budslau, which is held in Budslau town in Myadzel district every summer, may enter the UNESCO Representative list of intangible cultural heritage.
The list of candidates, among which is the Budslau festival, will be considered by the UNESCO intergovernmental committee in the November of 2016 at the 8th session in Ethiopia, BelTA reports.
The next year from January till September the candidate will undergo a sicientific examination.
For the firsy time a Belarusian tradition – “Kalyadniye Tsary” in Siemiezhava village in Kapyl district, which take place on 21 Decmber, – entered the list of intangible cultural heritage in need of protection in 2009.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16