Vorsha Orthodox Diocese Detached From Vitsiebsk Diocese
The annual assembly of the clergy and laity of Vitsiebsk diocese took place on 25 December at the hall of the Orthodox church of the Transfiguration under the chairmanship of Archbishop of Vitsiebsk and Vorsha Dimitry.
As a result of the reports of His Einence Dimitry, the secretary of the diocesan office Uladzimir Razanovich, the first prorector of Vitsiebsk spiritual seminary protopriest Kanstantsin Izafatau and several others representatives of deiocesan departments, a previously prepared petition to the Metropolitan of Minsk and Zaslaul Paul, the Patriarchal Exarch of all Belarus, was read about the subdivision of Vitsiebsk diocese, vitprav.by reports.
In the petition the clergy of the Vitsiebsk region proposes to divide the diocese into separate Vitsiebsk and Vorsha dioceses.
A similar petition will be applied to the authorities.
Previously His Eminence Dimitry gave a press conference to the mass media at the conference hall of Vitsiebsk spiritual seminary considering the results of the current year.
Among the important diocesan decisions His Eminence Dimitry mentioned the first mass Christmas readings, the beginning of cooperation with Nizhny Novgorod spritual seminary and the beginning of the construction of the church of St. Matryona of Moscow in Bileva district.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16