Father Zavalnyuk: Spiritual Teachers Must Work At Kindergartens, Schools, In Army
Obedience, gratitude, care for one’s neighbor – all these characteristics are taught from the cradle, Uladzislau Zavalnyuk, the dean of the Catholic church of St. Simeon and Helen in Minsk, told in his interview to BelTA.
“That is why society needs spiritual teachers alongside usual ones. They must work at kindergartens and schools, in the army. Now we are investing in youth more materially – phones, cars, flats. I am afraid in return we will receive the same crude materialism”, – he noted.
According to him “the whole three or four generations” in Belarus “are morally emasculated and spiritually empty”. “But it is not their fault. There were not any churches or priests. That is why they have to encourage their children to study the basics of religion, to follow the examples of pure spiritual environment. The doors of churches are open for everybody but not everybody hurries to enter them. Up till now people are driven by quite dubious life goals. Is it really the meaning of life to fill one’s wallet with money or one’s refrigerator with food? Spiritual art, the light that comes from the deeps of soul – that is the essence of existence”, – the priest said.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16