Belarusian Church to be Built In London This Year
The Greek Catholic Church of St. Cyril of Turau and All Saint Guardians of Belarusian people will be built this year in London near the famous Skaryna library in London.
A cornerstone of the church will be laid on 7 February in London with participation of the head of the Greek Catholic diocese of the Holy Family Bishop Hleb Lonchyna and the Apostolic nuncio to Great Britain Antonio Mennini. This was reported to “Nasha Niva” by a London Greek Catholic priest f. Syarhey Stasevich.
The projects combines elements of a modern architecture and traditional architecture of Belarusian churches. It was created by a young London architector of a Chibese origin Raphael So, a parishioner of the Belarusian Greek Catholic Church.
The construction is planned to be ended this autumn.
The Belarusian Greek Catholic parish exists in London for ca 70 years. Cheslau Sipovich, the first Greek Catholic bishop after the liquidation of the Unia, and Aliaksandr Nadsan, an enlightener, scientist and translator, who died last year, served in this parish. Belarusian Greek Catholic priests in London founded Skaryna library, the largest Belarusian library outside Belarus.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16