Orthodox Priest About Christian Unity: Christianity Will Stand By Attracting People With Light And Warmness
The head of the education and cathechization department of Minsk diocese of Belarusian Orthodox Church protopriest Aliaksandr Shymbaliou sees the Christian unity prayer week, held by the Catholic Church on 18-25 January, as an important sign of joint Christian work.
“The unity comes when people devotely serve God and live by appostolic tradition, when they care about protection of the Christ’s words. When everybody strives for it, a unity with Christ and oneself will come”, – f. Aliaksandr says while reminiscing on possible moves towards Christian unity, while adding that it is primary for everybody “to do what the Lord Jesus Christ calls us to do: to follow Evangelic commandments and to strive for eradication of one’s personal sins”, catholic.by reports.
The world today, according to the priest, first of all demands the purity and example of true love from Christians. “If Christian community attracts other people with light and warmness then Christianity will stand”, – f. Aliaksandr emphasizes.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16