Official Survey: 9% Belarusians Are Active Worshippers
Only 9% Belarusians belonging to any religion are active worshippers, i.e. are active participants in a service (6%), following all rituals and sacraments (3%), the survey states made by Information Analytical center by the President administration.
According to the survey, 63.5% of respondents believe in God, another 5% – in supernatural forces. 22% could not certainly describe their religious affiliation and 8.5% are not believers, BelTA reports.
83% believers consider themeselves Orthodoxes, 9.5% – Catholics, 2% – others. 5% beliveres do not belong to any denomination.
To the respondents belonging to any confession the most important elements are following religious commandments (87%) and prayer (82%). To confess, to attend services and to receive communion is necessary to at least 73% respondents, to fast and to read holy books – 65%, to observe religious holidays – 3%.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16