Catholic Bishops: Teaching Priests Is Church’s Internal Affairs
Teaching new priests is an exclusively internal affair of the Church which cares for its future. Thus the Conference of Catholic Bishops in Belarus replied to the statement of the Plenoptentiary for religions and nationalities Leanid Hulyaka considering the fact that the Church is not properly teaching new priests.
CCBB members stressed that 19 people entered seminaries in Belarus and abroad. “And it sounds groundless to talk about insufficient “staff training””, – the statement says, Catholic.by reports.
While talking about John Paul II Academy of theology, which,according to the official, has no students, has not yet purchased land and built the academy itself, which is also “an internal affiar of the Church”.
“Another subjects raised by Mr. Hulyaka can be discussed at a personal meeting of CCBB with the Plenipotentiary”, – the CCBB representatives stated.
As Krynica.info has previously reported, on 2 February Leanid Hulyaka claimed that several freign priests do not speak the state languages, the Catholic priests from Poland had committed numerous minor offences and that several Catholic priests who are Belarusian citizens “are acting desructively in their work with people”. According to him, the authorities must keep a close eye on such problems and prevent them.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16