Metropolitan Kondrusiewicz: One Must Believe In God’s Love Without Waiting For His Sign
On 17 February Metropolitan of Minsk and Mahiliou Archbishop Tadeusz Kondrusiewicz visited the Church of St. Simeon and Helen (the Red Church) in Minsk with a pastoral inspection and headed the Mass.
The archpastor’s sermon was dedicated to the fragment from the Gospel, where Jews demand a sign from Christ, to prove that He is a real Messiah, though they knew about the miracle of the cure of a mute man who was under Devil’s spell, catholic.by reports.
“We all well know what a sign is. Many things in our lives depend on signs, – the Metropolitan emphasizes, – But Jesus, telling that there won’t be any sign other than the Iona’s sign, knew well that His faithful won’t need other symbols and that nonbelievers won’t be satisfied with any”.
“One shouldn’t await any signs, to meet God one should go to church, – the archpastor called. – If somebody is waiting for something magical, he can miss God who is near”. He also reminded the words of one of the concentration camp prisoner: “I believe in the sun even when it doesn’t shine. I belive in love even when I don’t feel it. I believe in God even when He is silent”.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16