Lukashenko Met Metropolitan Pavel
On 11 March the President of the Republic od Belarus Alexander Lukashenko met Metropolitan of Minsk and Zaslaul Pavel. They discussed cooperation of the state and Belarusian Orthodox Church.
Metropolitan Pavel spoke about construction of the new BOC administrative complex on the territory of Minsk diocese.
The head of the state agreed with the initiative but emphasized that the project of the complex must answer its purpose.
A Church trusteeship council is planned to be created to carry out the project. Because counstruction will take time, one of Minsk complexes is planned to be used for big BOC events.
There is a lot of such places in Minsk, Alexander Lukashenko said.
He also told Metropolitan Pavel that there are several other problems that he is ready to discuss.
An upcoming meeting of Belarusian president with the members of BOC Synod has also been discussed.
Based on the materials of BelTA.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16