Metropolitan Filaret: During Lent We Restrict Ourselves To Grow In Christ
The Honorable Patriarchal Exarch of all Belarus Metropolitan Filaret headed the vespers on 14 March, on the first day of Orthodox Lent, at St. Alxander Nevsky church assisted by the church’s dean protopriest Mikalaj Koržyč.
After traditionally asking the faithful to forgive him, His Eminence Filaret read a sermon saying that “fating is not an aim but merely a means. We put restrictions on ourselves to grow in Christ. Lent is a special, precious time given to us to give us more freedom from sinful addictions, to renew our faith, hope and love”, church.by reports.
“I call all of you to use Communion and Confession more frequent during the Lent. I remind all of you, fathers, brothers and sisters, that in the period of fasting it is very important help your neighbor and do good deeds”, – Metropolitan Filaret taught the congregation.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16