Carmelites Order General: Belarus Needs Closed Carmelite Monastery
The meeting of the members of the Third Secular Carmelite order took place in Minsk at the Catholic Corpus Christi chapter, during which sister Sofja Kuncevič OCDS took novitiate and sister Natałła Kunickaja OCDS gave her first temporary monastic vows in the presence of the general of the Carmelites order f. Saverio Cannistra OCD.
In his address at the beginning of the meeting f. Saverio Cannistra OCD reminded that he visits Belarus for the first time, that this country has several Carmelite communities but that only in Minsk there is the Third Secular order, catholic.by reports.
“Your part of the Carmel is as important as other tow orders – a men’s one and a women’s one, – said the General of the Order of the Barefooted. – I am very happy that after 25 years of work we have the Third Secular order. For now Belarus lacks only a closed monastery. And this is very important for the Carmel’s society in a specific country to have a closed monastery”.
“The prayer of contemplation is very important, and theough it comes the search of God in every duty of a person”, – reminded the priest and added: “People must see in your eyes your relations with God and your faith in God. The more you live in contemplation, the more opportunities you have to come out to people”.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16