5500 Belarusian Go To World Youth Days
More than 5500 Belarusian Catholics will participate in the World Youth Days in Krakow, Poland, on July, 26-31.
Paulina Guzik, the WYD international press coordinator told that 5954 Belarusian hace registered for WYD, which makes 1% of all participants, BelTA reports.
The biggest interest to WYD is shown by citizens of Poland (40%), Italy (13%), Spain and France (6% each).
The total number of registered WYD participants is almst 587 000 guests from 182 countries. Krakow awaits more than 1,8 mln guests.
Registration is open till 30 June, the fee is ca. 50 Euro.
The visiting Catholics will be hosted in families,schools and culture centers. According to Paulina Guzik, an initiative called Ticket For Brother is active in Poland. According to it the Churhces riase funds that will be spent on hosting young people from the countries of Eastern Partnership, including Armenia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan etc.
Belarusians will also be among the volunteers.
The prayers will be made not only in Polish and English, but in Russian, Belarusian, Ukrainian and other national languages as well. The Cathechism in Belarusian will be held at the St. Maximilian Maria Kolbe Church.
The main events of the WYD will take place on July 30-31 when it will be visited by Pope Francis.
- To Olga, working as a programmer is a true hobby 08.12.2018 00:42
- Polina dreams to work as a teacher 23.09.2018 09:33
- Evgenia lives on a farm and treats horses 22.09.2018 16:22
- ECPYouth president: we try to connect people in one European Christian voice 04.03.2018 21:11
- Minsk Church was closed during opposition march 23.02.2017 22:16